.

.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Email from Elder Ling on meditation

Mission History and News No 9



Elder Ling in 2012


"Hi,

I wish to share with you the prayer I adopt during my meditation as follows:-

Lord Bo Tien and all heaven Saints, I call upon your grace to guide and protect me in my meditation, to enable me establish a communication link with you for knowledge, wisdom and directions, in my endeavor in understanding and propagating your teachings and doctrines, for the salvation of mankind and their souls.

During my meditation, I keep repeating this prayer in my mind and at the same time focus my mind in my breathing which is done reversely. I call this a reverse breathing - slowly breath in the air to fill the lung and hold it for a few seconds before slowly expelling it. In this few seconds, certain amount of energy is built in the tummy. In the process of expelling the air from the lung, the upper tummy depresses and at the same time energy in the tummy moves downward to the lower tummy causing it to expand. As this process of breathing is repeated in cyclical manner, I can feel the hot sensation intensify as the energy moves downwards to the lower tummy. That feeling is really soothing.

As a beginner, one may feel breathless at times. If one is consistent in the practice of reverse breathing, it will become natural and one would find the joy and comfort and deeper in meditation.

In fact, I acquired the knowledge of reverse breathing about 30 years ago during one of the meditation sessions. I did not realise that it is a form of exercise for our internal organs which generate energy internally to keep our body strong and healthy. I only realise it about 3 years ago when I took up "Che Gong". It has now become my natural breathing habit. I sleep about 4 to 5 hours daily and I do not feel tired or spent when I do my daily brisk walking.

After adopting this breathing habit and making it a part of my life even in between meditation sessions, my health has dramatically improved with no bloating, no indigestion, abatement of chronic health issues I had in the 1980s and my waist line has gone down  from 42 inches to 35 inches. I am now more alert, lively, trim and fit with carefree life and  yet  has no problem with eating food that I fancy.

Now I understand why Lord Bo Tien during his descent in 1981, asked me to meditate when I complained to him about my sleepiness. This part of question and answer between Bo Tien and myself can be found in his 1981 Anniversary message* in the turquoise book published in 2000.

Best regards.
Ling "



Elder Ling in the early years
then better known as Inspector Ling



The turquoise book
* Page 30 para 1 of the book: "Ling then asked about his sleepiness to which Lord Bo Tien told him not to falter to fulfil the Mission. Heaven would guide him in his meditation to achieve peace and happiness"





* But left out in the 1981 anniversary message of Lord Bo Tien posted by inner truth netizen in Living Life Series


PS What Elder Ling did in his life comes as no surprise and is after all in keeping with the lord saint's advice to us. " 做仙学法,救世,救万人。zuo xian xue fa, jiu shi, jiu wan ren. Be like a saint, sit in quiet reflection (meditation) and cultivate the Way, save the world and save the myriads" Inner truth netizen 2 is grateful to Elder Ling for his willingness to share his experiences and hope others will also come forward to share theirs as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment